I am thankful for Thanksgiving. It is a unique American holiday that causes nearly everyone to sit back, observe his or her life and intentionally count their blessings. It is a practice I needed during a time when I have been struggling with cynicism and self-doubt.
I am so thankful for this charmed life I have been given. I am thankful for hard transitions that cause me to grow and re-evaluate who I am and what I am living for. I am thankful for friends who understand me and share joy with me. I am thankful for literature and the ability to exercise our minds. I am thankful that a good portion of my friends are happily married, and I am so thankful that I am not. I am eternally thankful to be loved by a God who has given everything up for me, and who will continue to provide me with all I need.
I am thankful to be filled with the authority of Christ which allows me to shine brightly, love fully, and live peaceably.
No comments:
Post a Comment